It’s the time of year for enjoying family, friends, eating good food, and exchanging gifts. There’s so much fun to be had, but you may not know everything that’s happening in Little Rock. McMath Woods P.A. doesn’t want you to miss anything happening in the holiday season. Take a look at what’s going on in Little Rock.
What Fun Holiday Events Are Happening in Little Rock?
Whether you love parades, shows, or special markets, Little Rock has you covered. There is plenty to do and see that will get you into the holiday spirit. The events start in November, so make sure to mark them on your calendars.
- Doughnuts with Santa Claus at Holiday House. This is a wonderful event that’s fun for the whole family. On November 10 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., kids can get their photo take with Santa, make some fun crafts with Mrs. Claus, and eat some delicious doughnuts at the Wally Allen Ballroom. Learn more about it now.
- Handmade Holiday Shopping Fair. Get some of your holiday shopping down early on November 17 from 10-4 p.m. at the Winfield United Methodist Church.
- Paws with Santa Claus. The Central Arkansas Rescue Effort for Animals or CARE is hosting a photography event at the Cammack Village City Hall on November 17 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., November 18 from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m., December 1 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and December 2 from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Santa is posing for holiday “pawtaits” for a small donation.
- Christmas Tree Lighting. On November 26th at the Capital Hotel, there’s a tree lighting celebration from 5 to 7:30 p.m. The tree is lit at 6:30 p.m.
- 2018 Little Rock’s Annual Big Jingle Jubilee Holiday Parade. This event takes place on December 1 on 3 p.m. in downtown Little Rock. Come enjoy all the floats and a visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus. For more details, click here.
- 51st Annual Christmas Frolic. This delightfully fun yearly event will take place on December 2 from 1-4 p.m. at the Historic Arkansas Museum. See Christmas how it was celebrated in the 1800s. You can learn some history, listen to carols, and enjoy the music and reenactments.
- Reindeer on the River. On December 2 from 12 to 5 p.m., Santa’s reindeer will visit Arkansas early! Come meet them at the River Market Pavilions.
- Sundays with Santa. The Capital Hotel is also hosting Sundays with Santa on December 2, 9, and 16 from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Little Rock Winds present “Making Spirits Bright.” Little Rock Winds has a stunning show that should not be missed. See it on December 6 from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the UA-Pulaski Tech CHARTS Theater.
- Arkansas Chamber Singers Holiday Concert: A Song for the Season. Hear the gorgeous music from the Arkansas Chamber Singers on December 7 at 7 p.m., December 8 at 7 p.m., and December 9 at 3 p.m. at the Old State House, Little Rock.
- Ballet Arkansas’s 40th Annual Nutcracker Spectacular. See the classic tale of the Nutcracker performed by Ballet Arkansas on December 7 at 7 p.m., December 8 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m., and December 9 at 2 p.m. at Robinson Performance Hall.
- The Tree at First Baptist Little Rock. This stunning show has dancing, drama, and Central Arkansas’ only Living Christmas Tree. Come see the show on December 7 at 7 p.m., December 8 at 1 p.m., 4 p.m., or 7 p.m., and December 9 at 2 p.m. or 5 p.m.
- 13 Ever Nog-Off at Historic Arkansas Museum. The Historic Arkansas Museum is hosting this friendly competition on December 8 from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Land of the Sweets Nutcracker Tea. At this event, children can enjoy visiting the Land of the Sweets with Ballet Arkansas at the Robinson Performance Hall. The Sugar Plum Fairy herself will be there for photos! The tea is on December 9 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Christmas Grand High Tea and Tour. Enjoy the Christmas in the Quarter event on December 10 from 3 to 5 p.m. You can tour the historic Hornibrook Mansion and learn about past traditions.
- Home for the Holidays. The Arkansas Symphony Orchestra will be performing their holiday show at the Robinson Center. Hear the beautiful music on December 14 at 7:30 p.m., December 15 at 7:30 p.m., and December 16 at 3 p.m.
- Ugly Sweater Race 5K. For the runners out there, this one is for you. Throw on your best ugly holiday sweater and join the event that the Little Rock Marathon. The run is on December 16 at 8 a.m. at the Outlets of Little Rock.
- Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker. Enjoy this spectacle at the Robinson Center Music Hall on December 27 at 3 p.m. or 7 p.m.
Where Can You Get a Good Bite to Eat During the Holidays?
While the season can get busy, you should take time to slow down and enjoy it. Spend some time sharing a meal with the people you love at one of these great restaurants.
- Brave New Restaurant. This American steakhouse has delicious food and a wonderful view of the Arkansas River. Reservations are recommended for this restaurant.
- Lost Forty Brewing. We all need a pub-style restaurant where we can get a beer with good food. Get together and grab drinks with your friends at Lost Forty Brewing.
- The Root Cafe. If you’re looking for a family-friendly restaurant with locally sourced food, The Root Cafe is for you. They believe in helping the environment and local growers and emphasizing sustainable food systems in their community.
- Whole Hog Café. If you love barbecue, this is the place to go. The Whole Hog Café is family friendly and has award-winning recipes.
- Flying Fish. A highly-rated chain for seafood, Flying Fish has a wide variety to choose from – shrimp, crab, oysters, and more.
You’ll be happy you made time to get a quality meal with your loved ones. Seeing all that Little Rock offers, you may have to go out multiple times!
The Best Stores for Gift Shopping
While some people may stress over what to get their loved ones for the holidays, you won’t have trouble finding what you need at these fantastic Arkansas stores.
- Outlets of Little Rock. The Outlets have many stores so this is a perfect place if you’re looking to cross a few names off your list. Kids can even visit Santa here.
- Park Plaza Mall. This shopping center has over 80 stores, sit-down restaurants, and a food court for people who want to get food in a hurry.
- Bella Boutique. This trendy shop has unique, fun items that will definitely have something that you can get as a great gift. Bella Boutique is in the Heights shopping district.
- Box Turtle. A great store that features local artists, this store has jewelry, housewares, accessories, paper goods, and more.
- The Promenade at Chenal. The mall has a movie theatre, photo opportunities with Santa and Mrs. Claus, good restaurants, and more. You’re sure to find gifts for people and enjoy the time spent doing so.
The selection from these places are great and are sure to impress the person you’re buying for. You may even get your shopping done early.
Where Do You Get Christmas Trees?
One of the main parts of decorating for the season is a Christmas tree. Little Rock is surrounded with Christmas tree farms so you’re sure to get the best tree for the season.
- Motley’s Christmas Tree Farm. About 25 minutes outside of Little Rock is Motley’s Christmas Tree Farm. You can select from a variety of quality Christmas trees including Fraser Firs, Leyland Cypresses, and Carolina Sapphires.
- Papa Santa’s Christmas Tree Farm. Not only does this farm have Christmas trees, they also have Santa! So after picking out the perfect tree, kids can also meet the big man himself. Papa Christmas Tree Farm is about 43 minutes away from Little Rock.
- Romance Christmas Tree Farms LLC. Choose from classic trees like Fraser Firs and Leylands, or other varieties like Colorado Blue Spruce and Scotch Pines. Romance Christmas Tree Farms also has a Cow Train for children to ride. This beautiful farm is about 55 minutes from Little Rock.
McMath Woods P.A. Hopes You Have a Festive Holiday Season
We’re excited the holiday season is here and hope our guide helps you to enjoy it even more. From McMath Woods P.A., have a happy holiday season and healthy new year. If you have any questions, get in touch with us.