We all should be able to live healthy lives in our environment. When that’s put at risk by someone else’s negligence, you could use the help an El Dorado, AR environmental lawyer from our law firm. We have experience handling these kinds of situations and know the laws that apply to people and companies to ensure that our environment stays as healthy as possible.
At McMath Woods P.A., we’re dedicated to keeping our communities safe from outside risks. Although not everything can be controlled, we have a duty to keeping our environment as clean and safe as possible. When parties are wrongfully polluting the surrounding area, we will stand up to them to get justice for the communities they’re affecting.
Let’s take a look at some of the different situations we can take legal action against.
What Causes Pollution in Arkansas?
When talking about taking legal action against a company or another party who is polluting the surrounding land, water, or air, you should first know the different kinds of pollution that exist, and which ones we see in legal claims. Certain industries in El Dorado are typically the ones causing pollution to the surrounding areas. Here are some of the industries we see polluting:
- Oil and Gas
Being unhappy with an industry in our city isn’t enough to say they’re polluting. You’ll need to be able to prove that they’re causing pollution in the air, water, or land from whatever they’re producing. Pollution not only harms the environment, but it’s also against environmental law. At McMath Woods P.A., we’re dedicated to holding these companies responsible for what they’re doing to the environment so that your community can be as healthy as possible.
We’ve talked a lot about pollutants, which is one of the main ways that companies break environmental laws. When a company allows pollutants to enter the water, air, or land, then that can negatively affect the biome and the people living near the pollutants. This can cause illnesses and other diseases for the people of El Dorado.
Another way they can break the law is through their waste. Sometimes companies don’t properly dispose of their waste. When they do this, it can enter rivers, or it can create other problems in the environment. Waste can be dangerous, especially if it’s chemical or medical waste. This can also affect the animals in the area if they can get into the waste and it can affect their health as well.
Finally, if they’re negligent, companies can cause spills that break environmental law. When they don’t safely transport chemicals or ensure that a harmful liquid or compound is secure, they could cause a spill that harms the surrounding environment. Depending on the chemical, this could be deadly for the people and animals that it reaches.
You shouldn’t have to deal with the effects of a negligent company or another party who is polluting the environment. When you hire an El Dorado, AR environmental lawyer from McMath Woods P.A., we’ll make sure that they’re held accountable for their actions so that you can get back to having clean air, water, and soil.
How Can Pollution Affect El Dorado Citizens?
You might be thinking that pollutants don’t have that big of an effect on the people in the area, but that’s not true. When a company pollutes the air, water, or soil, it can have serious implications on the health of the people of El Dorado. Here are some of the different illnesses that can result from being exposed to different pollutants:
- Mesothelioma. Asbestos is linked to causing mesothelioma, which is a cancer that forms in the lining of your lungs, heart, and other organs. Treatments exist to help with symptoms and extend life, but there is no cure. It usually isn’t found until it’s in its late stages. If a company is polluting the environment with asbestos, then that could cause this type of cancer.
- Cancers. That’s not the only type of cancer you could get from pollutants. Other cancers, like leukemia or lung cancer could come from certain chemicals, like benzene, being in the water or atmosphere.
- Lead Poisoning. Lead is extremely dangerous and leads to serious illnesses when people are exposed to it. It can lead to lead poisoning if the exposure is high enough.
- Lung Diseases. Pollutants in the air could cause chronic illnesses in the lungs. Whether it’s asthma, chronic bronchitis, or chronic beryllium disease, your lungs could suffer and make it more difficult to breathe.
- Birth Defects. Mothers and their babies could suffer from birth defects if they are affected by the chemicals and other pollutants put out by companies.
- Allergies and Illness. On the milder side, people could get allergies, a cough, or a cold from the pollutants in the air or water. These are still harmful to their health, though, and they shouldn’t have to deal with them.
Everybody should be in control of their own health as much as possible. When another party decides to pollute and not be careful with harmful chemicals and compounds, this is a violation of environmental law. Your El Dorado, AR environmental lawyer is here to help you recover what you deserve from the company who caused your illnesses or injuries.
McMath Woods P.A. Will Represent You
If you’ve been exposed to dangerous chemicals because of someone else’s negligence, you might not realize right away that you’ve been exposed, and the negative health effects that it could have caused. When you realize that your health has been affected, you deserve justice for your injuries. Our El Dorado, AR environmental attorneys are here to ensure that your rights are protected.
We know that going up against a company can be intimidating. That’s why we’re here to guide you through the entire process. At McMath Woods P.A., we’re dedicated to making sure you feel confident in your claim. We’ll investigate and determine how much you’re owed for your damages so you don’t settle for less than you deserve. Reach out to us today so we can get started.