When you’re using a product, you expect it to work when you use it as intended. If a company tries to cut corners or rush the process to make the product available for purchase, then the product could have a defect that harms you when you use it. When a product is harmful, it can be potentially life-threatening. You can take legal action if this has happened to you. A Pine Bluff product liability lawyer from McMath Woods P.A. will stand up for you and fight for fair compensation.
Common Types of Defects in a Product Liability Claim
Any product has the potential to be dangerous if it isn’t made correctly. There are some common kinds of products where defects result in injuries.
- Auto Parts. Issues with auto parts could result in defective tires, faulty brakes, deficient airbags, or other problems that either make the driver lose control of the car or fail to protect the vehicle occupants in an accident.
- Appliances. When an appliance malfunctions, it can harm the person using it. For example, an electrical issue could cause burns or start a fire.
- Medication. Dangerous medication could cause harm to the person taking it if the drug has the wrong label or is missing information about how the drug should be taken.
- Children’s Toys. Children’s toys could be made with dangerous chemicals that could make the child sick or it could have other electrical issues like appliances.
- Lawn Tools. Defective lawn tools could cause issues with staying in control of the appliance, safety measures built into the tool may fail, and it could cause serious injuries to the person using it.
When products like the ones above malfunction, they can cause severe harm. These injuries could be fatal, permanent, or they could require a lengthy recovery process. If you’ve lost a loved one because of a defective product, our lawyers can help you get justice for your loved one.
Other injuries that affect your ability to work or cause a permanent disability are considered catastrophic. When you’re adjusting to living with a catastrophic injury, your Pine Bluff product liability lawyer will fight for you to recover full and fair compensation so you can afford the care you need.
Who Is Responsible for Your Injuries?
As our product liability lawyers investigate your case, we’ll need to find out how the product became defective. There are a few stages where this may have happened.
- Manufacturing Defect. If there’s a manufacturing defect, a manufacturer may have used cheaper materials or other shortcuts to make the product. A manufacturing defect could possibly affect a certain batch of the product.
- Design Flaw. A design flaw could indicate that the product didn’t undergo enough tests to make sure it was safe. When design flaws become apparent, all the products may have this issue.
- Failure to Warn. A product needs to have safety warnings and clear instructions on the packaging. If it has the wrong information, it could be life-threatening, like if a medication had the wrong name printed on it. There also need to be safety warnings for using the product if the company knows about it and the dangers are non-obvious.
Your lawyer will find out who is liable for the injuries and damages you’ve suffered. Then we can begin fighting for you to get the recovery you deserve. We understand how it can be daunting to have a legal claim against the negligent party. Our product liability lawyers will be at your side through the legal process.
A Pine Bluff Product Liability Lawyer Will Protect Your Rights
When your injuries are causing financial and emotional stress, our law firm is here to help you get the recovery you need. Your injuries may result in numerous medical bills and you’ll still need to afford care in the future. Our lawyers will fight for your compensation to cover these medical costs so you can recover without worrying about how you’re going to pay for the care. We’ll also seek compensation for lost wages, diminished earning capacity, or loss of earnings.
A defective product could also cause significant property damage. If your property was ruined because of the product, your product liability lawyer will include this in your claim.
You can also depend on your lawyer to fight for the noneconomic damages of the accident. Your pain and suffering from living with your injuries, loss of enjoyment of life, and mental anguish from the harm caused by the product are all consequences you lawyer will take into consideration when calculating your claim.
When you’re going up against a negligent company, our lawyers will help you hold them accountable for their actions. We won’t settle for less than you deserve. If your case needs to go to trial, our lawyers are ready to take that step.
Get Experienced Representation from McMath Woods P.A.
It’s important to have representation you can depend on to protect your best interests and to have experience in product liability claims. The product liability lawyers from McMath Woods P.A. are here for you. We’ve represented others who have been harmed because of defective products and can fight for you to get the justice you deserve.
Get in touch with our law office today so we can review your case in an obligation free consultation. Together, we’ll go over your legal options and help you decide on the best way to move forward.