When you purchase a product in Arkansas, you expect it to work as advertised and not cause you any harm. However, sometimes the seller or manufacturer was negligent, which leads to the product not working accordingly. This isn’t only annoying when a device doesn’t work the way you need it to, it can also cause you injuries when it malfunctions.
Depending on what the product is meant to do, when it doesn’t work how you expect, and it leads to you being harmed, you could use the help of an El Dorado product liability lawyer. We’ll look into who was negligent and caused your damages so that you can get justice for what you’ve been through. You shouldn’t have to worry about financial recovery when you’re dealing with injuries and other damages, which is why McMath Woods P.A. is here to help you.
Defective Products Your Lawyer Can Help With
In El Dorado, you have options for recovery when you’ve been injured by a defective product. However, you might be wondering what different products your lawyer has most commonly seen in their claims and whether or not what you experienced qualifies for the help of a product liability lawyer.
Of course, each case is different and will be handled according to what happened and the product that caused you harm, but it is comforting to know that your attorney has seen a similar situation before and will know how to handle it. Here are some of the products most commonly seen in product liability claims:
- Medical devices. While these can be extremely helpful and save the lives of many patients, if they’re not used properly, inserted wrong, or are defectively made, then they can prove to be dangerous for the patient. If a medical device injured you after it was wrongly used or defective, then you could use the help of a lawyer.
- Auto parts. You shouldn’t have to worry about the safety of your car when you put a new part in it, or when you drive your car off the lot. Unfortunately, sellers and car part manufacturers can be negligent and produce defective auto parts that cause accidents and injuries.
- Toys. Even though kid’s toys are supposed to be safe for children of the right ages, sometimes the company who makes the toy is negligent and distributes a toy that is defective. This can lead to serious harm to children playing with the toy.
- Appliances. Household appliances like ovens, microwaves, and even furniture can sometimes be defective and cause severe accidents that injure you and your family.
- Dangerous drugs. If you follow the directions for a prescription drug, you shouldn’t have to worry about suffering from damage from the drug. However, sometimes the doctor prescribes a drug that is dangerous, and it shouldn’t be on the market because it does more harm than good. You can hold the drug manufacturer liable for their negligence when it’s defective.
- Power tools. Much like household appliances, power tools used in the home or on construction sites can also be dangerous if they were defectively made or not advertised correctly. Drills, saws, and other power tools are known to be dangerous, but if they malfunction, they can be especially dangerous.
If you’ve used any of the above products and their defects caused you injuries and damages, then you could use the help of one of our El Dorado, AR product liability lawyers. Even if you don’t see the defective product that harmed you on this list, you could still need the help of an attorney.
At McMath Woods P.A., we’re here to answer your legal questions and help you recover from the damages you’ve suffered. We’ll fully investigate what happened so that you can focus on recovery.
Injuries from Defective Products in El Dorado
There are many different injuries that could result from a product that is defective. Some are milder and others are more severe reactions and injuries that a victim suffers from. Let’s take a look at some of the injuries and subsequent damages that you could incur when a product is wrongfully made or improperly advertised.
In terms of medical devices and dangerous drugs, you could have an allergic reaction to either of the products. This can be especially harmful if you don’t realize you’re having a reaction and don’t know you’re allergic to anything. Drugs and defective medical devices can also cause blood clots and other medical emergencies that cause your body serious damage.
When it’s a defective product of another kind, it can still cause physical injury. If there are sharp edges that aren’t supposed to be there, they can cause cuts and other traumatic wounds. If there is pinching or other dangerous compartments, it can cause bruises, broken bones, and other injuries to your body.
For defective auto parts, they can cause even more serious injuries because they can lead to motor vehicle accidents. Whether it’s a single car collision, or a multi-vehicle pileup, you could experience severe damage from a crash that was caused by an auto part that didn’t perform as it was supposed to.
If it’s a children’s toy with small parts, then your child could swallow or choke on those parts that weren’t meant to be there.
There are plenty of other ways that you or your family members could be harmed by products that are defective, but the above are some of the most common that your attorney has seen. When you hire one of our experienced El Dorado, AR product liability lawyers, you can feel confident in your claim.
McMath Woods P.A. Will Take Your Product Liability Claim
When you have an El Dorado, AR product liability lawyer from McMath Woods P.A. on your side, you can have peace of mind knowing that we have experience and will know exactly how to handle what you’ve been through. We’ll investigate what happened, calculate how much you’re owed for damages, and fight to recover justice for you.
Reach out to our office today so we can get started on you claim as soon as possible.