When you’re on someone else’s property, you shouldn’t have to worry about being harmed by hazards that you wouldn’t know about. As a property owner, they are responsible for making the premises as safe as possible for their visitors. When they don’t do that, you could suffer from serious injuries as a result of their negligence.
If you’ve been hurt by a property owner’s negligence, or because of a hazard they had on their property, then you could use the help of an El Dorado, AR premises liability lawyer. At McMath Woods P.A., we know how intimidating it can be to file a legal claim, which is why we’re here to guide you through the process. We’ll take care of the legal side of things so that you can focus on healing.
Premises Liability Accident Causes
After being involved in a premises liability accident that left you with injuries and other damages, you might be wondering what exactly caused your accident to happen. When you have a lawyer on your side, one of the first things they’ll do is investigate the circumstances surrounding your slip and fall and who is to blame.
There are plenty of situations that can lead to accidents on someone else’s property in El Dorado. Here are some of the most common causes of these accidents so that you and your attorney can determine exactly what caused yours:
- Bad lighting
- Wet floors
- Icy sidewalks
- Obstructed sidewalks
- Dangerous and poorly maintained stairs
- Uneven ground or flooring
- Torn carpeting
- Potholes and other obstructions
- Inaccessible entrances, exits, and ramps
- Construction areas
- Hazardous spills or chemicals
- Poorly trained animals
- Negligent security
A property owner is supposed to ensure that their premises is free of all these potential hazards so that their guests are as safe as possible. When they neglect to keep their property safe, visitors can slip, fall, and injure themselves on any of the problems above. If what happened to you isn’t listed above, you still might need the help of a lawyer if it was caused by poor upkeep.
If you were at a business, on a property, or a sidewalk where you suffered an injury due to a property owner’s negligence, then you could use the help of one of our El Dorado, AR premises liability lawyers. We’ll work hard to fully investigate what caused your accident and hold the proper party responsible for what happened.
Common Injuries from Slip and Fall Accidents
After experiencing a slip and fall accident, or any other type of accident that can be caused by negligent property maintenance, you might have serious injuries that you have to deal with. Here are some of the most common injuries that you could be trying to recover from after your accident:
- Broken bones. When you fall on hard surfaces, you could suffer from broken bones. You could get fractures in your arms and wrists if you attempt to catch yourself, or if you fall on your hip, you could get a crack in your hip or pelvis.
- Injuries to the face. If a hazard hit you in the face, or if you fell face first into the ground, then you could suffer from different injuries to the face.
- Soft tissue injuries. If you stepped in a pothole, or twisted a limb, you might have soft tissue injuries. These are sprains and strains that happen when the muscles, ligaments, and tendons get stretched and torn.
- Head injuries. If you hit your head off of the ground or an obstruction, you could deal with serious head injuries. These could be concussions or worse if the skull is penetrated by a sharp object on the property.
- Spinal cord injuries. If you’re falling from height or down the stairs, then you could suffer from spinal cord injuries. If these are severe, then you could be paralyzed from the injury site and below.
- Neck and back injuries. On top of those damages, you could be dealing with injuries to your neck and back. Slip and falls can end with you falling on an object that hurts your back or neck, or if you’re falling from a height, you could twist your body on the way down.
These are just some of the injuries you could be dealing with after a slip and fall accident that was caused by someone else. You shouldn’t have to handle these on your own. When they weren’t your fault, you shouldn’t have to pay for the bills you’ve accrued from the medical visits, missed work, or any other costs that the accident caused.
An El Dorado, AR premises liability lawyer is here to represent you so that you can recover the compensation that you deserve. Our experienced attorneys from McMath Woods P.A. are prepared to fight for you. We’ll investigate what happened and calculate exactly what you’re owed so that you can get back to your daily life.
McMath Woods P.A. Is Here for You
After a premises liability accident in El Dorado, you might be left feeling vulnerable. We understand why you might not want to take legal action—you’re more focused on healing and getting back to normal. But the person responsible for your accident should be held accountable. That’s where McMath Woods P.A. comes in.
One of our El Dorado, AR premises liability lawyers are here to ensure that your rights are protected. We’ll handle the legal side of things so that you can focus on healing. We’ll guide you through the legal process and get you justice so you can recover on all fronts. Reach out to our office today so we can get started on your claim.