If you’ve been injured at work, you may not know that you may have options for obtaining compensation for your injuries. A third party may have been present and they may have acted negligently and ultimately caused the accident that harmed you. When you’re dealing with work accident injuries, you can seek legal help to get the justice that you deserve. A Pine Bluff work injury lawyer from McMath Woods P.A. can protect your rights to full and fair compensation.
We’ll examine evidence from the accident and how you were injured to find out what happened and why. It’s important to hold the negligent party accountable for their actions so they realize how the accident has affected you and so it doesn’t happen again. We’ll build a strong case on your behalf so you’re able to recover for your injuries and losses.
Where Do Workplace Injuries Happen?
A workplace injury can happen anywhere, but there are some industries that can be more dangerous than others and typically have higher instances of injuries and illnesses. The U.S. Department of Labor examined the following industries with higher injuries and illnesses among workers in 2019. They also examined how many days of work were missed because of these injuries and illnesses.
- Manufacturing. In 2019, manufacturing accounted for 15% of nonfatal injuries and illnesses in the private industry. Manufacturing workers had 32,470 days away from work due to injuries and illnesses like sprains, strains, and tears. There were 16,790 cases for soreness and pain.
- Nursing. Nursing assistants had 27,590 days away from work and registered nurses had 20,150.
- Truck Drivers. Injuries to truck drivers caused 47,990 days away from work.
- Laborers. Laborers had 64,160 days away from work due to injuries.
- Construction Laborers. There were 19,790 days away from work for injured construction laborers.
Even if you aren’t in one of these industries, it’s still possible for your work injury to have occurred because of a third party’s negligence. They could have provided faulty equipment or had untrained employees on the site. As we look into your case, we’ll also research the various parties involved in the accident. They may come from a company that has a history of negligent hiring practices or assigning work to those who don’t have the experience necessary to do so.
Your accident may involve multiple parties and your case may quickly become more and more complex. That’s when you need an experienced Pine Bluff work injury lawyer on your side. Let’s look into the advantages of having representation for your work injury.
When Do You Need a Work Injury Lawyer?
When you’ve been injured on the job, you may wonder if you need to seek out a work injury lawyer. You may think that workers’ compensation is the way to proceed and you don’t need to get a lawyer involved. However, that doesn’t involve needing to prove negligence. If your accident and injuries occurred because of someone’s negligence, then you want to find a Pine Bluff work injury lawyer.
Our attorneys have helped clients who were injured on the job. Some of the injuries that can occur due to negligence include:
- Broken Bones. These injuries can occur in motor vehicle accidents, falls, and manufacturing accidents.
- Lacerations. Negligence can lead to accidents that cause deep cuts. If not treated, these injuries could get infected.
- Crush Injuries. If someone is working with heavy machinery and acts negligently, they could harm others around them. This could result in crush injuries, which could cause nerve damage, broken bones, or loss of limb.
- Toxic Exposure. If your job exposed you to toxic substances and your health is suffering because of that exposure, you can hold them responsible for your illness.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries. Falling objects, machinery, or falling can result in severe brain injuries that can cause permanent damage.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. Mishandling equipment or other forms of negligence could cause an accident that injures a worker’s spine.
These injuries can occur in mere seconds, but their consequences can be felt for years to come. Work injuries may result in losses like:
- Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Diminished Earning Capacity
- Property Damage
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Loss of Consortium
If your injury is catastrophic, this may affect your ability to work for the rest of your life. You may also require continued medical care for the injury and any resulting disability. While learning to live with the injury can be a difficult adjustment, our lawyers are here to fight for you to have a secure financial future.
We’ll fight for your compensation to cover the losses of the work injury, including past medical bills and the care that you’ll need to continue your recovery process. You’ll have peace of mind that you’ll be able to get the care you need and help you stay financially stable when you cannot go to work.
Our Law Firm Can Help You
A work injury can be devastating and it can be intimidating to hold a third party accountable for their actions. They may have representation of their own and try to diminish their involvement in your injuries, but you don’t have to go through the legal process on your own. McMath Woods P.A. will stand by your side and will not be intimidated by the other parties involved in your case.
When we analyze the evidence surrounding your injuries, we’ll figure out who was present at the work site that day and who was involved in the accident. Then, we’ll seek compensation for your damages.
One of our skilled Pine Bluff work injury lawyers will go over your case, discuss your options, and find the best way for you to move forward and get the recovery that you deserve. To begin this process, call us today for a free case evaluation.
Our law firm will advocate for your rights and will not settle for less than you deserve. If necessary, we’re prepared to take your case to trial so you’re able to get justice.