When you’re driving, you expect other drivers to be as cautious as you. This means keeping both hands on the wheel, eyes on the road, and you’re alert to other drivers in case you need to quickly maneuver your vehicle. Unfortunately, others may not be as attentive or careful. If you were hurt in a car accident, you may be facing significant injuries and financial losses. If it was caused by another’s negligent actions, you can seek your legal options. A Pine Bluff car accident lawyer from McMath Woods P.A. can protect your rights and help you seek the justice that you deserve.
What Causes Car Collisions in Pine Bluff?
When a Pine Bluff car accident lawyer is investigating your case, we’ll find out what caused the accident. It’s possible one of the following reasons is why you sustained injuries.
- Driver Negligence. A careless driver could be doing a number of dangerous things behind the wheel. They may drive while distracted, like texting and driving or are trying to eat and drive. They could also drive while intoxicated, which will limit the driver’s ability to make quick decisions on the road or track moving objects. A driver could follow other cars too closely, neglect to obey speed limits, and drive through red lights or stop signs.
- Driver Error. An inexperienced driver may make mistakes that could lead to accidents. They could forget to signal a turn or a lane change. Other errors include overcorrecting their steering, not slowing down for weather conditions, or reversing from a parking spot without looking.
Car collisions are often caused by negligent actions, which means they likely could have been prevented. Our lawyers will consult police reports and eyewitness accounts to find the reason why your accident happened. Once we’ve discovered who was negligent and how, then we can look into how the accident affected you.
The Consequences of Car Wrecks
Car accident injuries can cause hospitalization, require intense treatment, and can also have lasting effects. Some common injuries include:
- Head Injuries. Traumatic brain injuries may result in a mild injury like a concussion, which can heal over time, but a TBI can also have permanent consequences. Brain injuries may result in issues with memory, communication, speech, and affect other functions.
- Whiplash. This neck injury is common in rear collision accidents. Those in the car in front are hit and their necks jerk forward and backward in a quick motion. Whiplash can cause chronic pain.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. If the spinal cord is damaged, permanent paralysis can occur below the injury site.
- Loss of Limb. If there is severe nerve damage to a limb, it may need to be surgically amputated.
- Broken Bones. While broken bones will likely heal, these injuries can be painful and also prevent someone from working for a long time.
- Internal Organ Damage. Sometimes, internal injuries can occur. If internal bleeding is happening, immediate medical treatment is needed.
- Lacerations. Debris from the crash can cause cuts and deep lacerations. These may require stitches and could get infected if debris isn’t cleared from the wound.
When you’re healing from a car accident, your injuries may keep you in the hospital or housebound for some time. Affording the care you need, maintaining other expenses, and letting yourself rest can be difficult to balance all at once. When you have a car accident lawyer fighting for you, it removes the pressure of seeking the compensation you deserve. You can rest assured that our law firm will do everything possible for you.
The Benefits of Having a Pine Bluff Car Accident Lawyer on Your Side
Having a lawyer as your representation means that you’ll have an experienced legal professional advocating for your best interests. When you’re dealing with other parties like the party that caused your crash and the insurance company, it’s important to have someone on your side. The other party may try to avoid responsibility and the insurance company will protect their best interests first. Your car accident attorney will:
- Protect Your Rights. We won’t allow an insurance company to give you a settlement that’s less than you deserve. You should recover the damages that you suffered, not a portion of it. When insurance adjusters are trying to get an official statement or are contacting you for more information about your injuries, we’ll be there to help.
- Fight for Fair Compensation. When a lawyer from McMath Woods P.A. is investigating your case, we’ll assess the cost of your medical care, including the care you’ll need in the future, lost wages from missing work, and property damage. We’ll calculate the total financial losses of the accident. But we don’t stop at that point. We also assess the costs of the nonfinancial losses. The pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and emotional distress are also factors when determining your compensation.
- Guide You Through the Legal Process. The legal process can be confusing, but we’ll be at your side every step of the way. We’ll explain each step and make sure your claim is filed properly, on time, and on the path to giving you the best chance of recovering full compensation. Sometimes, cases go through a negotiation process and reach a settlement agreement. However, if the other side isn’t offering a fair amount, it may need to proceed to court. We’re ready to help try your case in the courtroom.
You can trust your lawyer to handle your legal matters so you don’t need to worry about them. This way, you’re able to focus on your health and heal.
McMath Woods P.A. Is Here for You
Our law firm will fight for car accident victims. Negligent drivers need to be held accountable for their actions and insurance companies shouldn’t offer you an unfavorable settlement. We’ll use our expertise to help you secure your financial future.
Our lawyers are ready to help. Schedule an obligation-free consultation today. We can review what happened to you and go over how we can help you get the recovery you need.