Areas of Special Interest
Trial work related to car and truck wrecks, personal injury, wrongful death, insurance disputes and business disputes on a contingency fee basis.
Patterson v. Northwest Arkansas Hospital-Springdale
Washington County, Arkansas (2014)
Represented a client who had developed a Stage IV pressure ulcer (bedsore) while hospitalized and had suffered severe complications for the bedsore. The jury returned a $1,500,000 verdict on behalf of the client.
Co-counsel: Neil Chamberlin, Gene Adams
Aguilar v. Triad Transport, Inc.
Saline County, Arkansas (2009)
$1,453,500.00 verdict and judgment for eight families following explosion at hazardous waste transport facility and community evacuation.
Co-counsel: Sam Ledbetter, Neil Chamberlin
Shaw Group v Marcum
516 F. 3d 1016 (8th Cir. 2008)
Soldier accidentally electrocuted in basic training resulting in a $6.5 million dollar verdict
Co-counsel: Bruce McMath, Sam Ledbetter, Chris Thomason.
The Estate of Jerry Matthew Johnson v SECO Advertising Corporation, et al.,
CV2006-144-3, verdict October 16, 2008.
Sign company worker electrocuted resulting in an $3.63 million dollar verdict
Co-counsel: Bruce McMath, Sam Ledbetter
FMC Corporation and Agro Distribution v Helton, et al
360 ARK. 465, 202 S.W.3d 490 (2005)
Crop damage case resulting in verdict excess of $1 million – Case reversed, settled
Co-counsel Nix, Patterson & Roach, Neil Chamberlin
- Partner, McMath Woods P.A., 2006
- Partner, Bond & Chamberlin, 2002-2006
- Partner, Bond & O’Brien, 1996-2001
- Associate, Friday, Eldredge & Clark, 1995-1996
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association (Board of Governors 1998-2002)
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- American Bar Association
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Admitted to practice law in all state and federal courts in Arkansas, the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN – B.A. 1992
- University of Arkansas at Fayetteville – J.D. 1995
- Member, Arkansas House of Representatives, 2003-2008
- 2005-2006, Chair Arkansas Code Revision Commission
- Past President of Jacksonville Boys & Girls Club Board of Directors
- Arkansas Access to Justice Commission 2007-2008
- Member, Pulaski Heights United Methodist Church
Honors & Awards
- AV Rated (Rated very high for legal ability and ethical conduct by the nation’s oldest and most reliable law directory – Martindale-Hubbell.)
- 2005 Appointed member of Arkansas Supreme Court Committee on Model Jury Instructions-Civil
- 2006-2014 Mid-South Super Lawyers List
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, Arkansas
- Associate, American Board of Trial Advocates
- 2005 Chosen Top 10 Legislator by Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- 2005 Chosen by Arkansas Business as a member of the “40 Under 40” List honoring young leaders.
- Member, William R. Overton Inn of Court
- 1998 Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association “Best Member New Lawyer Division”