Sarah grew up in a military family and lived in five states before moving to Arkansas, the first place that felt like home. Sarah helps hardworking Arkansans get back on their feet after their lives have been turned upside down through no fault of their own.
She earned her B.A. in English from the University of Arkansas in 2008 and M.A. in English from Texas Christian University in 2010. While earning her M.A., Sarah taught a college writing course at Texas Christian University, then taught English courses at Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas and third grade in Northwest Arkansas after graduation. Ultimately, the legal profession is where Sarah knew she could utilize her strengths to help the most people, and she could not imagine practicing law anywhere but Arkansas. Sarah returned to Arkansas and earned her J.D. from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 2015. She continued to teach writing during law school as a teaching assistant for legal research and writing courses.
Sarah is licensed to practice in all state and federal courts in Arkansas and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
Sarah is a dedicated member of many local and national legal organizations. She is the Chair of the Arkansas Bar Association Young Lawyers Section and serves as Arkansas’ young lawyer delegate to the American Bar Association House of Delegates. She also serves as the Chair-Elect of the Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association New Lawyers Network, and she is on the Board of Governors and Publication Committee for the Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association.
Sarah is married to Ryan, who is also an attorney. In her spare time, she enjoys Razorback athletics and exploring hiking and biking trails across the state.
- Associate, McMath Woods P.A., 2019
- Associate, Daniels Law Firm, 2018
- Associate, Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP, 2015-2018
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, American Bar Association
- Chair, Arkansas Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, 2018-19
- Board Member, Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Washington County Bar Association
- Member, W. B. Putman American Inn of Court
- University of Arkansas, B.A., 2008
- Texas Christian University, M.A., 2010
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., 2015
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers Mid-South Rising Star, 2018
- Judith Ryan Gray Young Lawyer Service Award for extraordinary service, outstanding contributions, and promoting the public welfare of the Arkansas Bar Association, 2017 – 2018
- Arkansas Bar Association Frank C. Elcan II Leadership Award for exceptional leadership skills and outstanding contributions, 2017-2018
- Arkansas Bar Association Young Lawyers Section Award of Excellence, 2016-2017
- During law school, Sarah represented the University of Arkansas School of Law on the National Moot Court Competition Team for two years and competed as a Finalist in the Ben J. Altheimer Moot Court Competition.
- Sarah was honored as “Best Oralist” in her law school class appellate oral argument.