James Bruce McMath Member
Areas of Special Interest
Personal injury, especially related to product defects; pharmaceuticals and toxic substances; medical negligence; crash worthiness and passenger restraint system failures; highway construction accidents; commercial and crop damage related to pesticides either through misuse or product defects; pollution-related property damage and personal injury claims; multiple plaintiff causes of action.
- Partner, McMath Woods P.A
- Admitted to the Arkansas Bar (1975); Unites States District Court; Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas; U.S. Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, U.S. Claims Court.
- Member, Association of Trial Lawyers of America: State Delegate, 1985-1986; Amicus Curiae Committee, 1989-1990; Peoples Law School Committee, 1986-1987; Public Relations Committee, 1989-1993, Board of Governors, 1990-1996.
- Member, Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association: Political Action Committee, Chairman,1985-1986; Secretary, 1986-1987; President Elect, 1987-1988; President, 1988-1989.
- Member, Arkansas Bar Association House of Delegates,1990-1991; Co-chair, Federal Practice Committee, Eastern District of Arkansas, 1986-1989.
- Member, Inner Circle of Advocates
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, Arkansas Bar Foundation
- Associate, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Lecturer, Hastings College of Advocacy, Hastings Law School, University of California.
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock, B.A. 1972
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., 1973 University of Arkansas at Little Rock, B.A. 1972
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., 1973
- Central Arkansas Astronomical Society: President, 1985, Secretary, 1986-1996
- Arkansans for Environmental Reform: Founding Member and Vice President,1989-1992, President, 1993
- Arkansas Aerospace Education Center: Board Member, 1994-1999
- Arkansas Chapter of the Sierra Club: Executive Committee Chairman, 1995-1998
- Arkansas Public Policy Panel Board: 1992-2001
Honors & Awards
- A/V rated Martindale Hubbell
- Arkansas Trial Lawyer Association, Trial Lawyer of the Year, 1994 & 1995
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association, Presidents award, 1985 & 1986
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers
- Arkansas Times “Best Lawyers in Arkansas” – product liability and environmental law
- Arkansas Public Policy Panel-Dragon Slayer of the Year Award, 2000