Carter C. Stein, the son of a civil engineer and an English teacher, chose the practice of law because he believes that our system of justice, specifically trial by jury, is vital to protecting the rights and liberties of all citizens.
Carter graduated from the University of Arkansas in 2000 with a B.A. in History. He earned his J.D. from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law in 2003. Carter has significant real world experience representing individuals and families in personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Carter is licensed to practice in Arkansas state courts, Arkansas’s Eastern and Western United States District Courts, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
Carter has been an active member of the Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association since joining the bar. He has been on the Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association Board of Governors since 2008 and was named the 2010 Outstanding Member of the Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association Young Lawyers Division.
Carter is married to Emily Bowman Stein, who grew up in McGehee, Arkansas. Carter and Emily have two sons – Bowman and Charlie.
- Partner, McMath Woods P.A., 2016-present
- Associate, McMath Woods P.A., 2010-2015
- Associate, Law Offices of Gary Green, 2004-2010
- President, Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association, 2021-2022
- Member, The American Association of Justice
- Member, Arkansas Bar Association
- Member, Pulaski County Bar Association
- Admitted to practice in all Arkansas state courts, Arkansas’s Eastern and Western United States District Courts, and United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- University of Arkansas, B.A., 2000
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law, J.D., 2003
- Executive Director, Grace Lutheran Church, Little Rock, 2019-2020
- Board of Elders, Grace Lutheran Church, Little Rock, 2011-2013, 2014-2016, 2021-present (Director in 2012-2013, 2014-2015)
- Sunday School Teacher, Grace Lutheran Church, Little Rock, 2013-2018
- Vice President, Junior Deputy Baseball, Little Rock, 2019-present
- Little League Baseball Coach, 2013-present
- Volunteer, Safety Town, 2010-2019
Honors & Awards
- AV Rated (Rated very high for legal ability and ethical conduct by the nation’s oldest and most reliable law directory – Martindale-Hubbell.)
- 2010 Outstanding Member of the Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association Young Lawyers Division
- 2014-2021 Mid-South Super Lawyers
- 2011-2013 Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star