Even as a smaller city, in El Dorado, we still see large trucks frequenting our roadways to get to where they need to be. Truckers are highly trained and skilled when it comes to driving their rigs, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t make mistakes. Sometimes the truck driver hasn’t made a mistake, but their truck malfunctions and causes a collision.
If a truck has collided with your vehicle and caused injuries and damages, you could use the help of an El Dorado truck accident lawyer to file a legal claim against the negligent party. Our experienced attorneys at McMath Woods P.A. are prepared to look into what happened to cause your collision and determine who was at fault. That way, you can get the compensation you deserve for your damages.
Causes of Arkansas Truck Accidents
Hiring an El Dorado truck accident lawyer to handle your case ensures that they’ll look into exactly what caused your collision so that you can get justice for what you’ve been through. Their first job will be to investigate so that they can determine who was responsible so that they can hold them accountable for their negligent actions.
Here are some of the different situations that can lead to a collision between a tractor trailer and a regular sized vehicle:
- Driver error. Truck drivers have to pass tests and certifications in order to get their licenses, but that doesn’t mean that they’re perfect drivers. Truckers can make mistakes just like regular drivers can. The difference with truck driver mistakes is that they’re driving a much larger and heavier vehicle that is even deadlier when it crashes into another car. There are many errors they can make, but one of the most common is when a regular sized vehicle is in their blind spot and they don’t see them before changing lanes.
- Negligent driving. Also like regular drivers, truckers can be negligent and reckless while behind the wheel. Distracted, drunk, or fatigued truck drivers can cause serious collisions that result in life-changing injuries and damages to any passengers in a regular sized vehicle. For example, if a trucker takes their eyes off the road for just a second to look at their phone, they could not brake in time for a stopped car and cause an override accident.
- Defective truck parts. Sometimes a driver isn’t the person responsible for the accident at all. If a part manufacturer distributed defective truck parts, then they could malfunction while the trucker is driving and cause them to lose control of their rig. When brakes fail or tires blow, this can cause a deadly collision that the driver cannot avoid. In this case, the manufacturer or trucking company could be at fault for the truck accident.
- Overloaded truck. Trucks need to be loaded evenly and properly so that they’re not overloaded or unevenly loaded. When a truck is overloaded, it can cause problems with the tractor trailer and lead to accidents. If a load isn’t even in the trailer, it can shift during travel and cause the rig to tip or rollover.
Any of these acts of negligence could be what caused your collision with a large truck. If you don’t see what caused your accident on this list, then you could still be able to take legal action against the responsible party. One of our El Dorado, AR truck accident lawyers can help you determine your legal options moving forward so that you can have justice.
Common Injuries from Crashes with Tractor Trailers
Once your attorney has determined what caused your 18 wheeler accident and proved that the other party was negligent, they’ll work on getting you the financial recovery that you deserve. When a large truck collides with a regular sized vehicle in a fatal accident, the passengers in the smaller car are the ones who are killed 67 percent of the time.
If you were in the smaller car when a commercial truck struck you, then you could be suffering from severe, life-changing damages. Here are some of the injuries that you might have suffered from your Arkansas truck wreck:
- Contusions and bruises
- Cuts and lacerations
- Broken bones and fractures
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
Your attorney knows that all of these injuries can be difficult to come back from and can leave you feeling vulnerable. Not only are you dealing with current medical bills and lost wages, you might also be staring down future costs of care, diminished earning capacity, and the inability to collect wages for the foreseeable future. That’s where an El Dorado, AR truck accident lawyer can help you.
We’ll evaluate your damages and calculate exactly how much you’re owed for current and future costs that you’ve incurred. You shouldn’t have to suffer financially because someone else’s negligent action harmed you. With one of our attorneys on your side, you can get the compensation you deserve and not feel pressured to settle for less.
We’ll Handle Your El Dorado Truck Accident Claim
Even though it can be intimidating to decide to take legal action against another person or against a company, you still deserve to have your rights protected and get justice for what you’ve suffered. Our experienced El Dorado, AR truck accident lawyers are here to guide you through the legal process so that you can feel confident in your claim.
At McMath Woods P.A., we understand that this is a hard time in your life. That’s why we’ll take care of the legal side of things for you. You shouldn’t have to worry about legal proceedings on top of healing and taking care of yourself and your family. When you trust us with your claim, you can have peace of mind knowing that we won’t stop until you have justice.
Reach out to our firm today so that we can discuss your options and get started right away on your claim so that you don’t have to spend another day worrying.