Personal Attention, Proven Results Since 1953

Car Wreck Injuries and Insurance

Published on Dec 1, 2014 at 6:03 pm in car accident, car wreck, insurance, medical bills, Uncategorized.

We get calls all the time from injured folks who are worried about how their initial medical bills will be paid. Most people in Arkansas have what is commonly referred to as first party “med pay” coverage or personal injury protection (PIP) coverage on their vehicles. The amount of coverage available is usually at least $5000. Arkansas law requires that these coverages be offered in most instances and must be rejected in writing if a person chooses to forgo this insurance. See Ark. Code Ann. Sec. 23-89-202. First party med pay coverages provide initial payment for medical bills and treatment no matter who is at fault. Most people’s health insurance will typically want all first party med pay benefits to be exhausted prior to the health insurance beginning to pay bills. If you are hurt or injured you should be able to get the care you need covered, whether initially through first party med pay or health insurance. Who is at fault and how the different insurance benefits coordinate can be worked out after you make sure to take care of yourself.

Free Case Evaluations

Disclaimer: Some non-personal injury related cases do require a consultation fee.

Call us or fill out the form below to tell us about your potential case and a personal injury lawyer will get back to you as quickly as possible.